Monday, September 14, 2009

Hogue Pinot Grigio - 2008


For my first blog (only because I'm in the mood and it is what I am drinking tonight....) I'll be reviewing Hogue Pinot Grigio (2008).

This is a Washington state, Columbia River Valley wine that is full of clean, crisp flavors. It is not....repeat not.....a full bodied "Burgundian" Pinot Gris style wine. Instead, it is reminiscent of a California-style Pinot Grigio. With more fruit than the typical Italian Pinot, it remains clean and crisp and pairs nicely with lighter seafood. I had tonight with pan-seared Tilapia and parmesan risotto and it was great.

This is a great wine for a warm summer night. It would be great at a pool party, concert in the park or, of course, smuggled in to a little league ball game to make the event more pleasant for the parents.

RATING: GOOD

PRICE: $12

No comments:

Post a Comment